Jarita's Creations

A little about me and my creative adventures. Here I will share both my successes and not-so-successes. I will share the lessons learned and accomplishments made. I look forward to feedback, helpful advice, and making new friends!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jewelry Ideas

Ok, I'm up in Rhode Island, far from home and all my pottery supplies for the nine more weeks! I think I'm having serious withdrawals!

I find myself thinking a lot about design ideas and decided to try to write some of them down. Since I have decided to work smaller and create jewelry, I'll start with those ideas.

Before I left Missouri, I had designed some ornaments using small hand-extruded coils. One of my jewelry ideas expands off of that. I want to create a rectangular frame that includes a little loop centered on the top and another centered on the bottom. The top loop is obviously for a bail; the bottom loop is to add a beaded tassel. I want to adorn the frame with teeny, tiny leaves. To create the necklace, I want to design a chain, probably three strands of a semi-precious stone joined with swarovski crystals. I haven't decided on colors yet, maybe tones of green and amber.

I have more ideas that I will try to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment