Jarita's Creations

A little about me and my creative adventures. Here I will share both my successes and not-so-successes. I will share the lessons learned and accomplishments made. I look forward to feedback, helpful advice, and making new friends!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Just starting my blog...

Ok, I'm new to blogging. Where do I start, what do I say? Well, I guess I 'll start with a little about myself and why I decided to start a blog. I am a 40 year old lady whose kids have grown up and moved out. I have never been very sociable, but always kind to those who cross my path. With my kids no longer living at home, I have found that there are a lot less people crossing my path. In fact, I have gone from being mildly unsociable to downright reclusive. Although there are advantages to being reclusive, there are also downsides. The internet over the years has become a wonderful place to counter those downsides. I can maintain my privacy and choose when I spend time socializing while still reaching out to other people for feedback and interaction. I honestly enjoy sharing perspectives with other people especially in my areas of interest, and I am also, at times, open to discussions that approach new areas that I have never considered before. There are so many things to discover and learn!






So, if I'm looking for interaction in my areas of interest, I should probably share what things interest me. I grew up the daughter and granddaughter of very creative ladies. I admire them both and resolved to learn every major craft. I learned more than I can count, but have discovered that three are my favorites and therefore the ones that I pursue.


I love pottery the most. Clay is magical!

My next love is crocheting. It is very relaxing and satisfying.


My third and newest love is beadwork. It makes me feel good to wear beautiful jewelry that I created myself!



I have a website: http://www.jaritascreations.etsy.com/ where I post my finished work for sale. Over the next few months, I will be working to incorporate my creative loves into a working theme and displaying my finished work on my website. Right now, though, I have posted that I am out of town. I will be listing new work in the spring and I will post here on my blog whenever I have new things in my etsy-shop.

2 comments:

  1. A very interesting beginning...I really enjoyed the pictures that you chose as examples of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have found your blog and a delight to have met you in person! I imagine with so many coming and going at this year's craft show where I first saw your work you wouldn't have cause to remember me or my mom specifically, but we did LOVE your work! You are very gifted! I look forward to seeing more of your items as they become available online! There were a few things I would have loved personally to have bought from you, I wish I'd just started with one! But, hopefully it's not too late!

    Anyway, just a note. Hope that we can 'talk' over email sometime. I share the 'recluse' part of my personality with you as well as having grown kids. Life is good!

    All the best! I think you have something very special with your artwork! It's wonderful to see your pursue it!

    ReplyDelete